1. If you are installing GOLDEN TEE 3-D GOLF into a Dynamo cabinet with a pre-installed JAMMA harness, you will notice that it does not have a wire for the test switch. You will have to add a contact to the edge connector at the proper position (position 15). Some cabinets (Dynamo included) have only one coin switch input and the coin switches are wired together. Connect the designated wires to the coin switches separately.
2. Attach the wire harness connector to the PCB. Be sure it is mounted correctly.
WARNINGI - Make sure you have identified PIN 1 on the connector before powering up. Plugging the JAMMA connector in backwards will cause damage to the PCB.
3. It is best to use connectors (not supplied) whenever joining a set of harness wires to a subassembly. If you choose to solder wires together, follow this procedure:
• Strip off about 1/2" of insulation from the wire.
• Slide a piece of heat-shrink tubing over the end.
• Do not leave a lot of excess wire spooled up in your cabinet. Cut the wires to the length you need plus a few extra inches. Leave enough for proper cable dressing. Do not make it stretch across the inside of the cabinet.
4. Solder the new wire to the original wire. Use a straight in-line splice.
Was this article helpful?